Traditional Design & Typography for Web DesignersThe essential guide
Many web designers are self taught and may never have studied graphic design and typography at a college. This course aims to give web designers an understanding of traditional design and typography - explaining the principals, the terminology and the hidden rules that anyone designing with type needs to understand. Whilst at the same time relating these 'paper' principals to web design and the unique characteristics of the screen.
The course covers:
- What is good design?
- Web and paper - the differences in the media
- From lead to light - a brief historical background
- How web typography relates to traditional typography
- Anatomy of a typeface
- Choosing typefaces
- Working with type
- Layout out a page using timeless principles
- Using colour
- Working with images
- Analysing your work
- When, and how to break the rules