An Overview of Social MediaThe essential overview for every communications professional
FaceBook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Twitter, Digg, Tagged, Bebo – these are just some of the names on the new breed of social marketeer’s lips. But what are they? How do they work? And how can organisations learn to use them for effective communication?
This course will introduce you to the brave new world of Social Marketing and the strengths and weaknesses of the different platforms. But more importantly, it will demonstrate how every organisation can use these evolving channels and increase their presence in the digital world.
What does the course cover?
- A guide to the most important social networking sites
▪ The rules of social networking etiquette
▪ How can we apply our existing experience?
▪ Viral marketing
▪ SMO – Social Media Optimisation
▪ Reputation Management
▪ Why the marketing rules have changed yet again
▪ How to build a successful social networking campaign
▪ The coming tsunami in internal communications
Using case studies and best practice examples, I will show you how organisations are finding new ways of connecting with customers and stakeholders.
During the course delegates will build a live social networking profile to emphasis the learning points and really get to grips with the issues. They will be able to try out approaches and techniques in a 'safe' environment.